If you’re at all like us, you’ve spent your share of time in the sun trying to soak up extra vitamin D and achieve a glow. In our younger years, getting a tan might have been prioritized over sun safety, but not anymore. Today, we’re all about protecting our skin with beach accessories, sunscreen and favorite products that will help us achieve a bronze sans sun. Read on for our must-haves!
Say hello to the one-day glow with these sunless tanners.
Self-tanners of the past have a bad rap, and understandably so. We all know the unmistakable “spray tan” smell that never seems to fade away, streaky lines and those dreaded orange undertones. Rather than opting for a multi-day tan (and let’s be honest, they don’t always last that long), consider going for a one-day bronzing product like these:
- Caudalie ‘Divine Leg’: Extra lightweight, hydrating, and bronzing – what’s not to love? This product can be used on legs or all over for a temporary glow. And the grapefruit, rose, pink pepper, vanilla and cedar fragrance is hard to resist.
- NARS Monoi Body Oil: NARS has a great reputation for their bronzing powder, but they’re bronzing body oils are amazing, too. This formula is designed to smooth, hydrate, and bronze, and only takes a few minutes to dry.
- Bali Body: This new line of tanning oils, moisturizers, and BB creams is all-natural and smells heavenly. They’re a great addition to a glowing skincare routine. Just pair with an actual SPF for sun protection!
For extra-long days in the sun, we always opt for hats and rash guards for additional SPF. Here are two of our favorite trends.
- Ready to channel your inner Kate Bosworth/Blue Crush surfer babe? Think about rash guards like a crop top for the beach. Popular swimwear brands like Billabong, Stone Fox, and Free People have stepped up to the plate to offer fashion-forward options that offer more sun coverage and a fresh look.
- Sun hats are a classic, timeless beach accessory. You can find one at nearly every price point – from Kate Spade to B.P.